Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Goodbye and good riddance!

It started with Mari, then moved on to miss Gracie.  Next in line was Drew.

I am ready for this viral junk to be out of my house.

Snotty noses, fevers, and chesty coughs, whining and hungry and puking and oh boy it has been a rough week.

But in the trenches of germ warfare I have emerged, victorious, with coffee in hand.

I have snuggled and swiped noses and given gallons, I'm sure, of medicine to kids who can't stand the stuff.  I have promised candy to take away the taste, oh yes I have.
I have reheated the reheated leftovers and made Ramen noodles at least 6 times.
I have consumed a lot of coffee.  A lot.
The kids have watched way too much TV and I have stayed up way too late in order to enjoy just a little quiet...just a few pages of a book, and maybe a glass of vino. 
Ahem.

And now, just minutes ago, when I announced the TV is staying off and they need to find something useful...maybe even creative...to do?  Well they submitted their complaints, were told once again "No, you may NOT play a video game/play with my Kindle/watch TV/get on the computer" and the response was stunning:

Gracie is practicing piano.

DJ is reading.

Drew just announced he is going to bed...at 4:00 in the afternoon.

Ah, I love normalcy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep the conversation going...