Sunday, November 18, 2012

Gratitude and such.

So we are germ free.  A basketball season just ended, officially freeing up our Sunday afternoons for a while.  The Christmas tree and various sparkly, flecked, and musical knick-knacks are awaiting unpacking and assembly...AFTER Thanksgiving.

(Because, no matter how much I heart Christmas I absolutely refuse to usurp Thanksgiving!  After the Turkey is successfully slain the tree will go up in victory and "O Holy Night" will reverberate throughout my house!)

Our semester of school is winding down and we should be able to enjoy almost the entire month of December with just an occasional math lesson to keep up the skillz, and I am very happy that I will have that time to spend baking, creating, and enjoying the season for all it is worth with my sweet crew.

Tomorrow I begin the packing extravaganza so we can join our family in San Antonio for Thanksgiving.  The kids are so excited.

By the way.  I hate packing.

But I love that we will be in a hotel...with a pool...and in-room coffee.

I love that cousins will reconnect and my nieces will fill us with tales of college life.

I love that three generations will feast and thank God together, then sit back with full tummies to cheer for the Dallas Cowboys.  (Don't judge.)

I love that coming home will mean the beginning of the most wonderful time of the year and our Elf will return to confound the kiddos each morning.
Until then, though, I just want to thank Him for blessing us so abundantly.  We have food.  We have shelter.  We have closets full of clothes and a nice car.  We have pets and TV's and a cabinet full of board games.  My children have an earthly father who models their heavenly One so well.  We are healthy and happy and I am blessed to be their mom, their teacher, and their cheerleader.  We have more than enough, and we get to share.  We are blessed and we have Jesus and forgiviness already in place every time we mess up and lose focus.  God's mercy awakens us and the blood of Jesus washes us clean.

Oh, give thanks to the Lord for He is good!  His love endures forever!

And I leave you with this.  We sang this in church this morning and, well, I was a teary mess by the end.  If this doesn't make you fall to your knees in gratitude, I don't know what will...


Happy Thanksgiving, my friends!  Count your blessings...taste and see the Lord is good!

1 comment:

  1. Y'all are going to be so close to us this week (we live about an our from San Antonio) but we are going to be in Houston Thursday through Saturday with my family. Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Let's keep the conversation going...