Thursday, March 1, 2012

Out of the mouths of babes...

Oh my sweet  Drew.  I just never know what will come out of his mouth these days!
As we folded laundry, I allowed the kids to flip on the TV as a reward.  We ended up on TLC, watching Untold Stories of the ER.

Yes, I know it is weird that my kids (including the littles) like that show.  I keep the remote at hand so I can change the channel if anything immoral or too graphic comes on.  But they are morbidly fascinated with it.    Especially Katie, who has medical school dreams.

So a group of drunk college students descends upon the ER in all their vomitous glory.  (Yes, I am aware that vomitous is not a real word.  But isn't it gloriously descriptive?)  One of them goes into seizures and nearly dies.
I took the opportunity to talk about why getting drunk is a sin...because God loves us and wants to protect us from scenarios such as this.  All five of them were wide-eyed, agreeing with every word I said.  Then Drew had a thought.  About one of his friends, "B".

"Mama," he said...dead serious and obviously concerned.  "B drinks a lot of root-beer."

Oh sweet hilarity.  I love my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep the conversation going...