Friday, April 27, 2012

Sunny yellow

There is not even the slightest breeze.
The leaves on the tall trees are utterly and perfectly still.
Katie and Gracie's voices drift through the kitchen from the back porch.
Paintbrushes in hand, they are inspired.
Great big strokes fill the canvases with the brightest yellow in the box,
the box of old Acrylics that I have not used in forever.
They make up for the neglect with boldness, comparing results and commenting on one another's skill.

Or the lack thereof.

Ah, sisters.
Best of friends, most honest of critics.
A butterfly lands on the pink geranium and I smile at these girls.
I thank Him for the memories they are making and the sweet bond of their hearts.
I thank Him that I am their mother and get to witness these moments.
My camera clicks and I preserve the sweetness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep the conversation going...