Thursday, January 2, 2014

Five Minute Friday

Five Minute Friday

I'm so excited to take part in the Five Minute Friday fun!  When the prompt was posted I got out the Chromebook and hit the keys, letting my fingers fly with one eye on the clock and, well, I don't know what came over me.
Well, actually I do.  And it was amazing.
I wrote this and realized the rallying cry that is resonating in my heart, put there by God.  This call to prayer he has given me for 2014 (and beyond)?  Well, this is the heart of it.  It is to FIGHT for my family, for my friends, even for myself.

So here is the post.  Unedited and, I'm sure with many typos.  (Which is the point of this whole thing...to write uninhibited and just let it be what it is.)  The prompt for this week was the word FIGHT.

Here I go.

Fight.  This word prompts a racing heart and a balled fist and I look at what is coming down the line for me and my kids and this word pops up strong in bold and with endless exclamation points.
Fight.  The enemy hates us.  He hates me.  He hates you.  He hates my family, my children, the fact that we are trying our level best to be follower of Jesus.  He is sneaky and unfair and he wages war when we are weak.
But we fight.  We fight in the power of the Holy Spirit.  The resurrection power of Jesus.  The awesome Creation power of the Almighty God.  We fight on our knees, with hands lifted and voices muttering, rising, shouting above the battle that this war is won already,  This war has been decided long ago and you don't get them.  
Do you hear me?
You don't get them...or us.
We are children of the king.  We are bought and paid for by the blood of the Lamb.  We are seated right now in the Heavenly places and our destiny is secure.
Jesus loves us.  Oh, how He loves us.  Endless, beautiful, pursuing our hearts day in and day out and we are HIS.  We are beloved and held close to His heart and oh, if only we could SEE.
But we will.  One day we will see and all this hard fighting and warring on our knees will bear fruit.  We will see and the fight...it will be over.
But for now we fight,  We stand in the gap and we declare our families to be knitted in love and joy for the glory of God.  We declare victory in Jesus' name and we trust Him even when the fight wears us down.

STOP.



7 comments:

  1. Oh AMEN! I feel a fight coming on! Thankful to have stopped by from the 5MF! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie, Thank you! I'm so glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  2. Yes, the battle is already won! Amen! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, I love the confidence God gives us in this. Happy Friday to you!

      Delete
  3. Yes friend! We are the gatekeepers, the watchmen for our children! We must be alert, intentional, and most of all secure in whose we are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if you meant it this way, but I read "warring on our knees" and immediately thought of prayer. Beautiful. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaitlyn, that is EXACTLY what I meant:). I'm so glad you stopped by! Thanks and have a blessed week!

      Delete

Let's keep the conversation going...