Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wet Dawg

We have this massive and furry 110 pound bundle of German awesomeness living in our home...

Danny
I love this sweet dog.  I really do.

But this winter has been ridiculously muddy.  Our backyard is a virtual lake.  And Danny?  Well, he loves a good mud puddle.

I let him out in the mornings to do his thing and bring him right back in, wiping his muddy paws and underside off as well as I can.  I figure this time of year he can just be indoors, lazily dozing in front of the fire next to Maggie.  (She is our little old lady who does not like to get her feet wet.)

But no.

Danny is wearing a nice fur coat and he is about to have a heat stroke in our 70 degree house.  He pants and drools all over the floors and begs to be outside.

In the mud.

So outside he stays.  We bring him in at night, and I can't even begin to describe the amount of filth clinging to that dog's fur!  The next morning I can tell exactly where he slept because there is a nice, Danny-shaped dirt pile on the floor.

It is a good thing he is so sweet.

Oh, and if you are one of those who take shoes off when you come into my house, don't bother.  Really, you are better off just leaving them on.

Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep the conversation going...