Friday, June 7, 2013

Ignorance is Bliss

If my girl knew how much I miss her, she'd feel guilty for having so much fun.
If she knew how I stalked the camp website for a glimpse of her in the two hundred photos that get posted each day...a braid, her profile, her brown arm draped over the shoulder of a friend...I'm sure she'd be much more aware of the camera.
If she knew that last night I sighed as I cleaned up the kitchen and put away the leftovers,what would have been her portionbecause I'm used to cooking for seven and not six, she might worry.

But she doesn't know, and I will keep it that way.  I will continue writing perky "I miss you's" and tell her how much I love her in letters every day.  I will continue to pray and trust Him who loves her, somehow, more than I do and wait.

This letting go business is for the birds.

19 days until my chicks are all back in my nest.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep the conversation going...