Thursday, May 2, 2013

Bedtime Battle

Drew is notorious for his distaste of bedtime. He apparently sees it as a punishment secondary only to the removal of toenails without anesthesia.

Here is the lowdown of tonight's battle, after multiple delays and "forgetful" moments...
Me: You are grounded.
D: GROUNDED???

Insert wailing...I'm talking tears and snot, people.

Me: (Because he is really going at it. Seriously overreacting to being grounded). "Do you know what grounded means?"

Deep breath from the boy followed by a long and tearful "NO!!!"

I duck my head and pull my hair across my mouth, unable to stifle the laughter bubbling up from the depths. I actually have to walk away for a second while he stares at me incredulously, wondering why I am making such weird sounds. Sometimes it is so hard to be firm. Keeping a straight face in times like this is nearly impossible!

For. The. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep the conversation going...