Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In which I risk life and limb for my children...

I bought a Slip and Slide the other day to help bridge the gap between the end of our school year and opening day at the local pool.  It is a double slide, meaning two kids at a time can race each other.  Fun, right?

So we set it up in the backyard and five kids stood there, apparently not knowing what to do.  They looked at me and I figured the best explanation would come in the form of a demonstration.

Hee hee.

I eyed the slide, realizing it is much shorter than the ones of my childhood.  I took a deep breath, braced myself and went for it.   My 40 year old self landed awkwardly, slid about 3 feet, and thanked God my swimsuit has a skirt.  Five kids burst into screams of laughter (after the initial embarrassment of the older ones that mom just DID that!) and then the race was on!

I walked away grinning, grabbed my camera, and watched the kids laugh and splash a sweet welcome to summer.  

A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's keep the conversation going...